[WEB4LIB] RE: Yahoo-OCLC toolbar

Corey Murata murata at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 17 12:55:53 EST 2004

> The other question here is why is it taking Google so long to respond with
> some kind of similar tool or innovation from their partnership with OCLC?

You can do this right now using the Google Deskbar.  I've set up a page to
describe a couple of ways to search Open WorldCat using the Google Deskbar
or the Mozill/Firefox search box.  The methods I describe use Google as the
search engine, but they could easily be modified to use Yahoo instead.
The page is at:
http://faculty.washington.edu/murata/worldcat/

Cm
Corey Murata
Business Computer-based Services Librarian
Foster Business Library
University of Washington
Box 353224
Seattle, WA 98195