[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Scholar

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Wed Nov 24 12:33:28 EST 2004

The UC eScholarship Repository was mentioned, although the URL was
slightly off (see <http://repositories.cdlib.org/>). Although we store
our metadata in a highly granular form within a database, we write out
static HTML pages for each repository paper, which means we are
eminently "crawlable" by Google and others. At one time we even figured
out that easily 40% of our usage was brought to us by Google. We use
the bepress or "Digital Commons" platform.
Roy