Google Scholar: Is anyone creating an introduction/overviewfor their campus>

Fred Gertler FGertler at scu.edu
Tue Nov 23 11:46:52 EST 2004

Folks,

Just out of curiosity, has anyone created a class or informational
pathfiner or something similar called  "Making Google Scholar Work for
You" with a description like: "Google has annoucned a beta version of a
new service called Google Scholar. We would like to introiduce you to
this new service, and show you how it can be used with the library's
print and electronic resources to advance teaching, learning and
scholarship. Please respond to this email to make an appointment, or
come to one of the drop-in sessions we are offering."

We haven't, but I think that we should at least think about it.

Fred Gertler
Santa Clara University
Michel Orradre Library
Head, Customer Services
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Phone: 408-554-6808
EMAIL: fgertler at scu.edu

"Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The
second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." (Henry James)
"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted." (Aesop)
"Customer Services: Where service excellence is an everyday
occurrence."

This message scanned for viruses and SPAM by GWGuardian at SCU (MGW2).