[WEB4LIB] Virus and Centurion Guard Question

Joshua Ellsworth jellsworth at acpl.us
Wed Jun 16 11:44:34 EDT 2004

It looks like randex.gen propagates using network shares and random IP
address attacks, among other means.  This would allow it to show up on
the computer with the Centurion Guard after bootup and write itself to
the temporary space. With a Centurion Guard, you can make all sorts of
changes, but they are "rolled back" upon reboot.  If you had rebooted,
the virus would have been gone.

Virii such as randex.gen are the reason why a Centurion Guard alone is
not adequate virus protection.

I hope that this helps.

Joshua Ellsworth
IT Manager