[WEB4LIB] Journals data in OPAC

george at library.caltech.edu george at library.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 4 12:22:20 EDT 2004

Caltech's approach has been 'the more, the merrier'.  The library's Online
Journals Database (OJDB) <http://ojdb.caltech.edu> currently includes links
to 8200+ titles -- not all are fulltext [1].  The online catalog
<http://clas.caltech.edu> features local subject headings to aid in
retrieval; Www Fulltext Journals indicates 2876.  We were an early adopter
of local link resolver technology, using a commercial product.  Links to the
OpenURL resolver are liberally sprinkled throughout many of our licensed
databases.

George S. Porter
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 1-43, Pasadena, CA 91125
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681
http://library.caltech.edu
contributor http://stlq.info |
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html

[1] Porter, George S. and Sponsler, Ed (2001) Online Journals: Utility of
ToCs vs. Fulltext. http://resolver.caltech.edu/CaltechLIB:2001.005