[WEB4LIB] Dropdown Menu Dominance in IE

David King DavidKing at kclibrary.org
Wed Jun 2 16:59:13 EDT 2004

That's a problem that many drop-down menus have. For some strange reason, form list/menu elements take precedence over combo boxes and form objects (especially list/menu objects). Sometimes, you just have to design around the problem.

The software we use to build out menus (www.likno.com) has just created a fix for this problem - by dropping in hide and show div commands (they look sorta like javascript commands). It's easy to use, and costs $60.

David King
Kansas City Public Library
816-701-3400, ext. 2503
davidking at kclibrary.org