[WEB4LIB] Gates config and Centurion Guard

Phillip B. Whitford pwhitford at braswell-library.org
Mon Jun 21 14:15:08 EDT 2004

I don't know who got it first but the Centurion Guard (CG) device was
part of the Gates Foundation upgrade from NT to Windows 2000 received by
the libraries in NC. The CG device upgrade consisted of a device that
you have to install in an empty drive bay. You end up with a key hole on
the front of the PC which is used to turn the CG device on or off. If it
is installed you can't miss it.

You didn't have to install it to upgrade from NT to 2000 so maybe yours
are still in a box somewhere. Or perhaps the Gates people also shipped
other versions of the CG device. There is one that puts the lock on the
back of the PC and I think there is a software only version.

By the way: The Centurion Guard Device works fine with the Gates config
and others.

Phillip Whitford
Braswell Memorial Library