Use of RSS in Bibliographic/Abstract Databases?

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Fri Jun 11 15:48:14 EDT 2004

Colleagues/

In response  to my query posted earlier this week, I have learned of
two databases
that offer RSS functionality

HubMed: pubmed rewired: An Alternative Interface to the PubMed Medical
Literature Database
[ http://www.pmbrowser.info/  ]

my.PubMed
[ http://www.mypubmed.com/ ]

[Thanks to Teri Vogel/ Georgia State University Libraries for these two
nominations!!!]

  In addition, I has prompted to recall that an associated database of
my. PubMed offered by
FS Consulting, Inc. ( http://www.fsconsult.com/about/ ), also provides
RSS functionality. The database, my.OAI [ http://www.myoai.com/ ], is a
major
Open Archives Initiative Service Provider [
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/OAI-SP-I.pdf ]

Each of these are now listed in RSS(sm) [
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/RSS.htm ]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
RSS Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

>>> Gerry Mckiernan 6/9/2004 11:13:08 AM >>>
_Use of RSS in Bibliographic/Abstract Databases_?

I am greatly interested in learning of ANY and ALL
bibliographic/abstract databases that offer RSS feeds. Such feeds might
offer current search results, or automatic updates for a saved search
strategy. I would be interested in any current operational systems,
working prototypes, or projects under consideration.

For examples of other library-related uses of RSS, please see my latest
registry_RSS(sm): Rich Site Services_

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/RSS.htm ]

BTW: Thanks to all for their nominations for _RSS(sm)_. Although still
quite limited, it has nearly doubled in size from its establishment on
Sunday, June 6 !

[ http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive/0406/0048.html ]

Regards,

Gerry McKiernan