[WEB4LIB] Ampersands in database URLs problem

Eric Hellman eric at openly.com
Tue Jun 8 17:07:00 EDT 2004

Ampersands must be represented as html entities (ie. as "&") when
they are in validated html documents or well-formed xml documents.
That DOESN'T mean the URL has "&" in it, however, only that you
can't have a bare "&" in html or xml and expect to it to validate!

For example, if you copy a URL from an HTML document and paste it
into your browser address bar, the result will not work if the URL
has an "&" in it.

Hope this helps

Eric

--

Eric Hellman, President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric at openly.com                                    2 Broad St., 2nd Floor