[WEB4LIB] Ad-Aware v. Spyware

fennell at uiuc.edu fennell at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 17 11:25:03 EDT 2004

Andrew,

If you haven't seen it already, I suggest you take a look at
Spybot Search & Destroy.  I'm not sure if each feature from
AD-AWARE map over, but certainly most do, including protection
from drive-by downloads, host locking against hijackers,
automated scans, an 'undo feature', ActiveX protection, etc.
Spybot also has an advanced file analyzer and registry tool.
All of these tools are donation only, you give as much as you
feel the tools are worth.

On the other hand, I have not used AD-AWARE professional
edition, which seems more geared towards system maintenance
rather than individual PC's.

Cheers,
-Chad M. Fennell
http://leep.lis.uiuc.edu/publish/fennell/chad.html