[WEB4LIB] RE: Microsoft (re-)recommends High security for IE

Vicki Falkland rch.library at wch.org.au
Tue Jun 15 19:29:52 EDT 2004

At 09:47 AM 15/06/2004 -0700, Karen G. Schneider wrote:
>I also like the guideline to set e-mail to plain text, which many of us beg
>people to do in the first place. "Why? How?"

what a pity they stop short at recommending that ppl SEND in plain text ..
they only suggest reading received mail in plain text.
i've made it my mission, do or die, to convince my organisation to set a
standard of plain text email. wish me luck.

and further to microsoft's recommendations there, "Step 4: Block Pop-Up
Windows in Your Browser" made me smirk. they suggest ppl download and
install third-party software to control popups. shame on them. there should
be an option in the browser itself to control this .. should have been
there a long time ago.

</rant>

v.