Announcing _B-Feeds(sm): Web Feeds for Books and Monographs_

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 8 11:00:39 EDT 2004

     Announcing  _B-Feeds(sm): Web Feeds for Books and Monographs_

I am pleased to announce the creation and availability of a registry
devoted to Web Feeds for Books and Monographs.  The site, called
_B-Feeds(sm)_ is available at:

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/B-Feeds1.htm ]

_B-Feeds(sm): Web Feeds for Books and Monographs_ is a categorized
registry of site that offer RSS/XML, Atom,  or other Web feeds, to
compilations, directories, lists, or reviews for academic or scholarly
books or monographic works. I have seeded _B-Feeds(sm)_ with several
major General sources and a few  specialized ones.

_B-Feeds(sm)_ is a companion to _eFeeds(sm)_

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/eFeeds.htm ],

my registry devoted to electronic journals that offer Web feeds.

Each of these are adjuncts to my original Web feeds registry _RSS(sm):
Rick Site Services_ , devoted to library services that  are delivered or
provided through  Web feeds. _RSS(sm)_ is available at

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/RSS.htm ].

Those who wish to learn more about Web feeds and their current and
potential uses may wish to consult a General Bibliography that I
prepared for my RSS(sm) site. The bibliography is available via the
RSS(sm) site or directly at

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/GenBib.htm ]

and currently includes full-text links for all entries.

For _B-Feeds_, I am greatly interested in identifying additional
sources that offer/provide Web feeds to "compilations, directories,
lists, or reviews  for academic or scholarly books or monographic
works" in Any and All subject areas. I am *particularly* interested
in feeds from publishers/booksellers/vendors, etc. for specialized
fields (e.g., Architecture, Engineering, Zoology).

[As time permits, I plan to systematically review various publisher
directories for publishers that offer Web feeds, but would like to first
populate  _B-Feeds(sm)_ with sources that are known and used by my Web
colleagues. Thanks!]

To Spread The Word: Please FORWARD this posting to Any and All
book/publisher related e-lists to which you subscribe. Thanks A Million!

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
B-Librarian