question on search engine software for web pages

LOO at inel.gov LOO at inel.gov
Thu Jul 29 12:29:01 EDT 2004

Can anyone recommend inexpensive/free software for implementing
a search box/search engine on a web site?  I found a package called Zoom
that looks as though it would do what I need, but would appreciate
learning what others are using (or not using).

My main criterion is that I need something that will allow me to specify
which pages or subdirectories I want to index.   We're behind a firewall
so would not be able to use an indexing service.

Thanks,
Jackie Loop
loo at inel.gov