[WEB4LIB] Re: Browser related question

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Jul 15 16:36:23 EDT 2004

Drew, Bill wrote:

>Don't take me the wrong way but it will never validate completely because of
>the various functions in it required for the webopac to work.
>This includes entities that are necessary for various commands to work.
>
>Bill Drew

Bill, you were incorrect when you said this a couple of weeks ago, and
you're incorrect now.  Unescaped ampersands in URLs are unlikely to
affect CSS rendering, but they can (and sometimes must) be entified
within HTML, and doing so allows your markup to validate.

Now, if the problem is that your OPAC vendor doesn't give you editing
access to parts of that page, that's another story.

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu