[WEB4LIB] Re: Non-free metasearches Re: Re: [Fwd: Google,

george at library.caltech.edu george at library.caltech.edu
Tue Dec 21 13:05:13 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 08:09, Jennifer A. Heise wrote:

> Do we need to address the gonzo search directly? And if so, shouldn't
> we address the one that costs us money first?

Jenne, this would be a very interesting perspective to bring to the NISO
metasearch initiative:
  http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/niso-mi/index.php/Main_Page

I believe that librarians will have a chance to weigh in, at least on
the public service side, on the NISO Metasearch Initiative at Midwinter
in Boston.  I've heard that Andrew Pace, chair of that NISO committee,
will be participating in MARS Hot Topics on the Saturday of Midwinter.

Hopefully, someone with more complete information can supply it to
Web4Lib.

George S. Porter
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 1-43, Pasadena, CA 91125-4300
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681
http://library.caltech.edu
contributor http://stlq.info |
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html