[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Print as the library's mission

Junus, Ranti junus at mail.lib.msu.edu
Tue Dec 21 12:56:33 EST 2004

It seems to me Google Print is similar with other Electronic Resources such as Proquest, Elsevier, etc.  The only difference is Google provides the digital version of books.

Interestingly enough, this service could enable a researcher to find interdiciplinary work outside our own library holdings.   My question would be: do we want our users to start searching through Google or our own online catalog?  And, my question regarding to academic libraries: If our faculty found the collections outside of our own holding and outside of of the subject area we have in our institution, what will that mean to us in term of supporting their research interest and needs?

ranti.

--
Ranti Junus - Systems
 100 Main Library W441