Electronic Marketing Help

Steve Garwood sgarwood at infolink.org
Thu Dec 16 10:56:49 EST 2004

Hello all,

Just a question for everyone (and yes a bit of an ad).

I've been using café press.com to manage an online store for the NJ
Statewide Marketing campaign, otherwise known as the Super Librarian
store - http://www.cafepress.com/superlibrarian . We have two strategies
for the store...1. to get the Super Librarian brand into circulation; 2.
to create some revenue for the campaign. (which the store is doing). I
must say I'm really enjoying using café press and I see by looking
around that I've got some good library company.

In order to get traffic to the store (and understanding that a large
contingent of those purchasing will be those who know library folks),
we've put out press releases, purchased some print advertising, bought
some products and worn them to meetings (I wore a barbeque apron to a
large meeting yesterday) and other traditional routes.

I'm somewhat of a newbie to online marketing...I'm actually finding it
difficult to not spam major library Listservs with information about the
store as I am pretty excited about it. Some of the ideas that I've had
in addition to investigating advertising in online sources (especially
Google adwords) has been to purchase a few items and put them up on EBay
with links out to the store, dropping the URL into my signature file (I
send dozens of emails a day), and linking it to other sites I own
(especially my sshh'ing Librarian page -
http://www.stevegarwood.com/sshh/).

Any other ideas? Everything will be appreciated.

Steve

*
Steve Garwood
Program and Services Coordinator, INFOLINK Library Cooperative
Tel: 732-752-7720  Fax: 732-752-7785
Toll free: 866-505-LINK  Fax: 800-793-8007
Email to: sgarwood at infolink.org
Web:  <http://www.infolink.org/> http://www.infolink.org
Personal Web:  <http://www.stevegarwood.com/>
http://www.stevegarwood.com
CD&L: #2301
"I don't care what they say about me as long as they spell my name
right" P.T. Barnum (attributed)
*