[WEB4LIB] Re: SRW/U for DSpace

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 16 09:29:12 EST 2004

Well, and it opens the possibility of using a single interface for
multiple searches as well...  It's becoming increasingly important for
us to expose our databases and include them in other interfaces, if for
no other reason than to let users know that they even exist.

So, no, I'm not saying that the web form interface to DSpace is valuable
in that regard, but exposing the db to SRW/U is.

And I think DSpace is trying to solve a different problem than the
opac.  I personally prefer keeping our institutional repository records
seperate from the opac and finding other ways to expose them when users
search our assets.

-Ross.