Open Worldcat once again

Even Flood evflood at broadpark.no
Wed Dec 8 12:38:52 EST 2004

Laura Cohen wrote:

>Chip,
>
>Thanks for your message. I find it interesting on several levels.
>
>- You state that you've made "a subset of records available to selected
>partners." Your original message stated that you "posted the entire Worldcat
>collection of 57 million records for harvesting by the search engines."
>Whould you please clarify this apparent discrepancy?

     snip

Just to add my two cents here, last week I was in London at the Online
Information meeting
and talked to the people at OCLC. They said that they are working at
getting the whole of
WorldCat into Google and Yahoo, and plan to finish before summer 2005.

Even

--
Even Flood,  Senior Academic Librarian
Ilevollen 3e
evflood at broadpark.no
http://home.broadpark.no/~evflood/
"Come, and take choice of all my library, and so  beguile thy sorrow."
                                 (Shakespeare)