[WEB4LIB] RE: Librarian on TNT

Mark Allan mark.allan at angelo.edu
Mon Dec 6 17:44:35 EST 2004

Boy, such hostility!  Anybody ever hear of the old saw "Any publicity is
good publicity?"  (Not that I buy it!)  However, my wife thought it was
cute, and a Library Staff Member here at my institution liked it.  They
thought I was being too critical and pretentious.  Hmmm....I wonder if
thats part of the " professions's " problem. (Quotes emphasized)

Knowingly setting myself up for flames by being the devil's advocate -
(Hmmm, interesting simile there, and I'm NOT talking about my wife being
the Prince(ess) of Darkness!)

Mark

Mark Allan
Head, Reference Department

Porter Henderson Library            Mark.Allan at angelo.edu
2601 West Avenue N                  Voice:      (325) 942-2511x235
Box 11013, ASU Station             FAX:         (325) 942-2198

San Angelo, TX 76909                TDD:        (800) 735-2989

Any opinions given above do not necessarily reflect those of the Porter
Henderson Library, Angelo State University, the Texas State University
System, the state of Texas...