Two steps forward, three steps back

Peter Murray peter at OhioLINK.edu
Fri Dec 31 07:45:50 EST 2004

Back to the future? In picking up a thread from the list's
pre-maintenance period:

On 12/22/2004 3:06 PM, Elena OMalley wrote:
 > It goes both ways, of course. Sometimes vendors make decisions based on
 > sloppiness, ignorance, personal convenience, or the previously mentioned
 > lack of resources. Strangely enough, occasionally librarians do the same
 > thing. :)

I wonder if the open source movement is closer to "ideal" of informed
decisions being made by those closer to the userbase. I'm not familiar
with the various projects -- does someone have an opinion?

Peter

--
Peter Murray                       http://www.pandc.org/peter/work/
Assistant Director, Multimedia Systems  tel:+1-614-728-3600;ext=338