[WEB4LIB] Re: managing academic library websites

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:20:01 EST 2004

If the "web services manager" is in charge of the entire school web
then it's likely the reason this was done is because they want a
uniform "look and feel" between areas. This also leads me to believe
that a CMS will likely be used as you suggest. If this is true then it
may be possible to convince the person to let the librarians have
access to edit the content, as the templates and overall control will
still be in the hands of the manager. You might try bringing up some
of the points Karen makes and try to convice the manager that giving
you control of the content side of things will be for the best.

Ryan Eby