[WEB4LIB] RE: Two steps forward, three steps back

Andrew Darby adarby at ithaca.edu
Wed Dec 22 09:53:58 EST 2004

For what it's worth, we use Endeavour, and the reference librarians make
the same complaints as Stacy.  Most grating is the fact that the
"command" keyword search defaults to OR, and Endeavour doesn't seem to
allow one to switch it to a default AND.  In this googly world, you'd
think that would be a reasonable option.  A couple of libraries (UCLA,
Getty Research Library) have written Javascripts that automatically
populate the search string with an AND.

Andrew Darby
Web Services Librarian
Ithaca College Library