[WEB4LIB] RE: Library News from Google ... *and* UM!

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Dec 14 19:31:56 EST 2004

Tito Sierra wrote:
> amazing that we've been able to keep it under wraps," said John P.
> Wilkin, an associate university librarian, in an interview Monday. He
> said that after more than a year of negotiations, Google and the

John P. Wilkin's "Making of America" website was one that received
funding from the first round in 1994 of NSF's "Digital Library
Initiative".  Another DLI-1 project was Stanford's Google.  It's now
ten years later and these two are coming together.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/