netLibrary vs OverDrive - pros and cons for a public library

Peter Schoenberg PSchoenberg at EPL.CA
Fri Aug 20 13:34:32 EDT 2004

We are looking to begin offering eBooks late this year or early next
year.

I am asking for any information you could provide that would help decide
which vendor is the preferred vendor.

There are many factors we expect to consider, interested in hearing what
your criteria have been, any surprises and regrets etc.

Obvious factors include:
Titles, formats, price, pricing models, usability for customers, ease of
orders, ease of maintenance

If I receive direct replies, I will summarize them for the list (unless
your comments are noted as being stricly off-list).

Peter
Peter Schoenberg                  (780) 496 1855
Manager - Virtual Services - Edmonton Public Library
                           www.epl.ca