[WEB4LIB] Use of Blogs in Instruction? | Student-Recommended Web

D.H. Mattison dmattison at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 11 00:29:23 EDT 2004

August 10, 2004

Use of blogs in higher education is a very big field. A couple of sites that
I visit from time to time and recommend for resource mining are:

Weblogg-ed: Using Weblogs and RSS in Education (http://www.weblogg-ed.com/).
Clicking the Educator Weblogs link will take you to a long list by name of
educators who use or maintain blogs.

EBN: Educational Bloggers Network (http://www.ebn.weblogger.com/)

Weblogs At Harvard Law (http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/), co-edited by Dave
Winer (Mr. RSS 2.0 and other distinctions) and Donna Wentworth, is also a
fascinating glimpse into the integration of blogging into the teaching of
law (at least that's what I think is supposed to be happening).

Since I like to think wikis offer an effective alternative in some
educational situations to the rather rigid blog format, take a look at
http://edtech.coedit.net/EducationalWikiList for some ideas, as well as this
refereed article on wikis and their applicability to distance education
(http://www.irrodl.org/content/v5.1/technote_xxvii.html).

Sincerely,

David Mattison
Victoria, BC, Canada