[WEB4LIB] RE: Exchange Server and Webmail

Genny Engel gengel at sonoma.lib.ca.us
Tue Aug 10 18:54:12 EDT 2004

The only webmail access issue I've seen around here is when the webmail
is on a nonstandard HTTPS port.  On our wireless service we only allow
HTTP to port 80 and HTTPS to port 443, but some patrons use a webmail
address that immediately redirects from one of those ports to a
different port.  At that point the patron is unable to proceed.  Do you
limit which ports you allow traffic to?

Genny Engel
Internet Librarian
Sonoma County Library