[WEB4LIB] RE: Patrons causing problems with online gaming

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Tue Aug 10 18:48:01 EDT 2004

Louise E. Alcorn     --    Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library
4000 Mills Civic Pkwy
West Des Moines IA 50265
(515) 222-3573      louise.alcorn at wdm-ia.com
http://www.wdm.lib.ia.us>>> Hogue Melanie <hogue_m at lib.chattanooga.gov> 08/10/04 08:51AM >>>
QUESTION: Regarding segregation by use, we are considering removal of
Internet access from our computers that have word processing capabilities
 Does anyone have a story
about the success or failure of this policy?

Melanie, I would not remove Net access from all word processing computers--our 'combination' stations are actually our most heavily used during the day.  People like to work on their resumes as they search job sites, and revise and tailor their resumes based on job descriptions, then up load or copy and paste them into the job sites.  It's hard to copy and paste w/out Word on the same station.

Just my 2 cents.