[WEB4LIB] Re: Library websites and WAI guidelines

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Aug 2 12:15:24 EDT 2004

 Just what I will end up doing for now.

Bill Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Dowling [mailto:tdowling at ohiolink.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 12:13 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Re: Library websites and WAI guidelines

Drew, Bill wrote:

>I have gotten our library website to comply with W3C WAI Level 1 and 2
>accessibility guidelines. How are other proceeding on getting their pages
>comply with Level 3?

I ignore level 3.  Sorry, but the goal doesn't merit the work involved
(IMO of course):

  [Priority 3]
    A Web content developer *may* [W3C's emphasis] address this
    checkpoint. Otherwise, one or more groups will find it somewhat
    difficult to access information in the document. Satisfying this
    checkpoint will improve access to Web documents.

Not even a "should", not even a "will remove significant barriers".