[WEB4LIB] Re: alternative to NewsIsFree?

Tara Calishain calumet at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 19 18:45:20 EDT 2004

At 06:41 PM 8/19/2004, Lars Aronsson wrote:

>Tara Calishain answered a question:
>
>> >Would someone recommend news aggregators similar to the NewIsFree?
>> >With the option of filtering news for certain topic and providing
>> >ready sources feeds blocks - e.g. Tech News
>>
>> Holy cow, there are billions of them at this point.
>
>Is there one that allows downloading of old news? A news feed is a
>daily flow, but is there anyone who archives them by day and year and
>allows a timeline-based search or presentation?  Where can I dig up
>the news feeds for October 2002?

If you're asking about sites which provide RSS feeds of old news, I'm not sure I can help you, but if you're asking if there are
sites which aggregate news and provide deep archives of it by date, I think I can help you. Feedster pops to mind immediately;
it hasn't been around that long but it does allow for "back loading" of entries and you can sort by date.

I'm not sure if it's precisely what you're looking for, but FindArticles  ( http://www.findarticles.com ) does allow sorting by date
(FINALLY) and has pretty deep archives.

Tara