[WEB4LIB] Re: home page content

Hogue Melanie hogue_m at lib.chattanooga.gov
Mon Aug 16 14:20:33 EDT 2004

I'm sure to get some disagreement here; but our web design committee
ultimately decided to use scripts (with submenu alternatives) to pack as
many links as possible into our front page. Our site is not the best
artistically, but it is usable to a variety of patron-types. Information can
be found several ways and places to accommodate different search styles. Our
patrons didn't like to click too deeply, so this is what we wound up doing.

http://www.lib.chattanooga.gov

We are currently developing an ADA compliant site that will solve some
current usability problems (link labels) as well as switch us over to CSS.
This thread and "Library Lingo" with example sites have been very helpful!

Melanie Amy Hogue, Librarian I
Business, Science & Technology
Chattanooga-Hamilton County Bicentennial Library