[WEB4LIB] Re: New Search Tools under Development

Chris Awre c.awre at hull.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 03:52:57 EDT 2004

I also totally agree that more quality is required.  Musing aloud, to
what extent is quality reliant upon their being quantity in the first
place?  That is, having the data upon which the quality systems can be
built.  I realise that those following the quantity route do appear far
too blind to this, though, although they may at least be innocently
providing the bedrock upon which quality information provision can be
established.

Speaking as someone from the UK, the British Library does appear keen
to digitise as much as it can, but also seems to be doing this in a
targetted, service-oriented way, focussing on collections that have an
identified use first (partly limited by budget, admittedly, but a
useful limitation if it focusses the mind more!).

Regards,

Chris Awre
******************************
Chris Awre