[WEB4LIB] Re: Thanks for Website Redirect Help

Andrew Stevens lists at 4serendipity.com
Wed Jan 29 20:26:46 EST 2003

Molly,

You might be able to contact the maintainer for the lib.me.us domain
and have requests for your old site forwarded to the new one.

It looks like the contact for the lib.me.us domain is
kerry at maine.maine.edu (taken from the list at
<http://www.nic.us/register/delegated_subdomains.txt>).

Also, the registrar for me.us is NeuStar <http://www.neustar.us/>).
Their site has some good information on .us domains.

If you are able to get access to your old server space, placing
something like the following text in a file named .htaccess in the root of
your old server space can redirect the traffic.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.waterboro\.lib\.me\.us [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.waterborolibrary.org/$1 [R=301,L]

This may or may not work depending on whether the mod_rewrite module
is installed on the server.

Best of luck with the site move.

---
 Andrew

wmmn> I don't think I can use mod_rewrite since I am not in charge of the server
wmmn> (which is an Apache version). The folks who run the server (it's a state school
wmmn> and library network) are the folks we've just cut ties with to go with another
wmmn> server -- we changed both servers and domain names at the same time -- so I
wmmn> don't think they are going to be eager to help us. But this is the route I am
wmmn> pursuing now, via the library board member who made all these changes.