[WEB4LIB] Arachnophilia (was: Dreamweaver, etc.)

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Wed Jan 15 15:05:19 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 11:47:59AM -0800, Sue Kamm remarked:
> Elizabeth Reiten's plea for assistance with Dreamweaver has
> reminded me of a question.
>
> Evidently Arachnophila has gotten caught in its own web and
> disappeared.

Has it?  I understand that Arachnophilia is now a Java-based
program, but I wasn't aware that it has disappeared.  Can anyone
else confirm this?  (The main page is at
http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/ )

> Can anyone out there recommend a freeware or even a good
> commercial web page editor?

If I weren't crazy enough to use Vim for all my text editing on
GNU/Linux or Windows, I'd probably use HTML-Kit (on the windows
platform).  It is quite decent freeware.  See:
  http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

Cheers,
Raymond