OCR Software/Library Hi-Tech News piece

Hui Hua Chua Chua at gwm.sc.edu
Tue Jan 7 09:22:50 EST 2003

I am usually a lurker on this list and this is my first question, but I
appreciate it as a community to turn to for information, but also for
the informative, intelligent and passionate discussion on issues and
technologies.

On to my question... What OCR software is best (speed and accuracy) for
scanning numeric data in table format and exporting to .csv or .dbf? The
tables will be embedded in pages with text but we only need the tables.
Both Finereader and Omnipage Pro claim to do this but I am interested in
recommendations from people who have used these and other packages.

Thanks
Hui Hua Chua

H u i  H u a  C h u a
Elec. Govt. Info. Librarian