electronic collections

Pons, Lisa (PONSLM) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Jan 22 12:12:01 EST 2003

Hi all,

A very general question, if I dare.

We are revising some of our subject pages... and thinking of putting a
database behind this to power it. It would list resources (indexes,
databases most likely), url's and then relate those to a subject (or many
subjects).

However, we're concerned with adding another data source. That is, we have a
library catalog, we have a serial aggregator to show us full text journals
we subscribe to, etc... now, we would have another database to maintain and
keep up.

What are others doing?

Are you pulling this info from your libraries catalog? Who is maintaing all
these url's etc...

thanks!

Lisa Pons

Webmaster