[WEB4LIB] also X11 Re: New browser for the Mac

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Thu Jan 9 20:52:13 EST 2003

This may start a religious war, and actually I'm a fan of using
whatever platform floats your boat, but I couldn't help thinking why
any techie wouldn't be in hog heaven using a Mac with OS X. You have
command-line Unix, a cutting-edge GUI, and any and every flavor of MS
Windows your little heart desires. Using Virtual PC, you can have
multiple flavors of Windows loaded, and boot into whichever one you
want to be in at the moment. It runs in its own window, and you can
still do command-line Unix, the Mac GUI, or whatever else you want. So
much for the idea that the Mac doesn't run all the software you want.
There is no computer on the planet that runs more software. So what's
not to like? Heck if I know, except maybe the price, but given what you
get it seems like a bargain.
Roy, running for cover...