"dust and shooing in library"

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Tue Jan 28 11:24:34 EST 2003

I sent the following note to the editors of InsidePCMag.  I do not know if I
will get any reply.

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew, Bill
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 11:03 AM
To: 'enewsletters at ziffdavis.com'
Subject: InsidePCMag_comNewsletter

I subscribe to several of your newsletters and took a slight offense to the
following quote referring to libraries:

"New: PCMag.com's New Research Library
That's right, thanks to our new partner, bitpipe, we've got all the
whitepapers and research material, without any of the dust or shooshing you
usually get in your local library. You'll find everything from reports and
whitepapers on the B2B marketplace, 802.11, Windows, Linux and much, much
more. Check it out. Click here for more"

Do you use libraries?  Have you looked at how high tech most libraries are
now?  I would suggest a visit to your local public or college library.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/

"They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all
quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution,man. I wouldn't
mess with them."  -- Michael Moore talking about librarians(Buzzflash,March
2002).