[WEB4LIB] MySQL + Apache/Debian Linux - favorite development tools

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Tue Jan 21 22:34:43 EST 2003

on 1/21/03 10:04 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre at LBAyre at galecia.com wrote:

> We're just getting started development some MySQL database applications and
> are wondering what development tools you like best.  Our web host supports
> PHP so we'll be using that and we're running on Debian/GNU Linux with an
> Apache web server.
>
> Our goal is to quickly put together some applications that staff will use to
> improve communications and work flow and provide access to shared data.  So
> ease of programming and clean, easy to read, quickly-executing code are more
> important than pretty applications but it does need to be a web-app as staff
> is distributed throughout the state.

Well, what's wrong with pretty applications?  By the looks of it, you'd got
the basis of some powerful development tools.  Why not make them pretty in
the eyes of the beholder as well?  For me, "pretty" means the head of
reference being able to set the links on the home page all by his lonesome
self.  He loves it and that's pretty.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein                                   Library Web Coordinator
office ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu