[WEB4LIB] Fwd: pop ups

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Jan 17 13:17:05 EST 2003

Robin Boulton wrote:

>I'm using a program called AnalogXPOW! on my machine right now. It works OK
>but you have to manually tell it each time a new popup appears...
>We are completely Win2K, running IE 5.5/6.0 on all machines.

People who use Proxomitron swear by it.  <http://www.proxomitron.org/>
I don't use it myself, preferring browsers that have a built in option
to disable pop ups.  Opera 6+ (7 beta is better at this) and Mozilla
both have it.  The marketing overlords at AOL Time Warner yanked it out
of Netscape 6/7, but there's a script to restore it.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu