Standard format for such things as Telephone Numbers?

Peter Murray Peter.Murray at uconn.edu
Mon Jan 27 15:42:39 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, January 21, 2003 2:43 PM -0800 "Paul (BRI)"
<phishmeh at briconsultingroup.com> wrote:
> I was looking for standards on the format for such things as
> telephone numbers.

I've never run across such a thing, but I do know that the maximum
size of a phone number is 15 digits.  Getting a list of country codes
is easy enough, but everything after the country code, though,
depends on, well, the country.

Peter

P.S.: Thanks, Shirl, for the international addresses site!
--
Peter Murray                      http://www.pandc.org/peter/work/
Director, Library Information Technology Services     860-486-0395