[WEB4LIB] Removing Gator from Win 98

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Feb 3 09:18:51 EST 2003

Also, if you install DivXPro on your computer, at least the trial version,
it installs Gain (Gator).  Once installed you'll find a program Trickle_xxxx
where xxxx is the version number of Trickle I believe.  Trickle appears to
continuously communicate with the gator site and I've seen computers slow
down to a crawl with this running.  The uninstall program does not remove
trickle.  You have to delete it from the registry and the Program Files
folder manually.  "Gator" is under local machine/software in the registry
and then under local machine/software/microsoft/windows/run you need to
delete "trickle" or "gator".  I may be slightly off on these paths, if you
don't find them there you can search the registry for gator and trickle.
You won't find both with a search for just one of those.

Thomas