lii.org September 11 Resource

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Sep 10 00:17:36 EDT 2002

Dear Web4Lib readers,

This is a follow-up to the recent post about September 11 observations
and Web4Lib posting policies. Again, as an Editorial Board member, I'd
like to gently remind you to stay on topic.  This is not only courteous
to people using Web4Lib to seek information on its topic, the Web in
libraries, but is also respectful to those of us who would prefer to
spend this week focusing on quotidian activities.

I do have a resource to recommend, and thanks to all of you who
contributed or will contribute sites.

For those of you who do not receive lii.org New This Week (it's free,
and you can subscribe from our main page, http://lii.org ), Librarians'
Index to the Internet has updated and expanded its collection, September
11 and Beyond. You can see it at:

http://lii.org/911

(Also linked directly from our main page, http://lii.org )

Use September 11 and Beyond to locate anniversary events, lesson plans,
videos, artistic responses, and economic studies. Find out how we used
the Internet on September 11.  Explore archives for radio, television,
and other media, and see the plans for rebuilding and recovering.

We have also included links to sites that reflect topics not directly
related to September 11, but that have been part of our collective
consciousness in this past year.

Feel free to link to http://lii.org/911 directly as a ready resource for
library staff and users seeking information about this topic.  You are
welcome to use these and any other lii.org resources in your own
pathfinders, provided you include a note that these annotations are
"Copyright 2002 by Librarians' Index to the Internet, lii.org."

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Director,    Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw
      lii.org: Information You Can Trust!