[WEB4LIB] Intranets

Avi Rappoport avi-list at searchtools.com
Mon Sep 9 19:11:25 EDT 2002

At 11:41 AM -0700 9/9/02, Perbohner, Ann wrote:
>I'm asking for assistance from my colleagues in various settings, especially
>hospitals.
>
>I have been given the responsibility of revising our hospital Intranet from
>the ground up. I am looking for any examples/policies/documents/screen shots
>(please!) you feel able to share.
>
>Specifically I am looking for site architecture, design (GUI), navigation,
>content management schemes, page and document standards, templates, labeling
>conventions for directory names and file names, and planning and content
>management tracking documents.

I recommend thinking about what Peter Moreville calls "findability":
making sure everything has a title, has the right granularity
(focused pages), has appropriate metadata including dates, keywords
and descriptions. For more information, Peter's writings are at
<http://semanticstudios.com/>.

Best of luck,

Avi

--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>