Intranets

Perbohner, Ann APERBOHNER at mercy.pmhs.org
Mon Sep 9 14:37:12 EDT 2002

I'm asking for assistance from my colleagues in various settings, especially
hospitals.

I have been given the responsibility of revising our hospital Intranet from
the ground up. I am looking for any examples/policies/documents/screen shots
(please!) you feel able to share.

Specifically I am looking for site architecture, design (GUI), navigation,
content management schemes, page and document standards, templates, labeling
conventions for directory names and file names, and planning and content
management tracking documents.

I would love to hear from any of you involved at any level with your
Intranet. If you are not directly working on your Intranet you may still
have enough access to share what you know.

I realize that some of this information may be proprietary. If you want me
to keep anything confidential just say so.

FYI I will be implementing Microsoft SharePoint Team Services
http://microsoft.com/sharepoint to bring us to the next generation Intranet.

Ann Perbohner MLIS
Webmaster/Digital Services Librarian
Project Manager PMHS PDA Initiative
Mercy Hospital
1400 Locust St. Pittsburgh PA 15219
Ph 412-232-5611 Fx 412-232-8422
aperbohner at mercy.pmhs.org
Please NOTE:  This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not distribute, copy or use this e-mail in any way. Please notify the sender
contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Pittsburgh
Mercy Health System, 1400 Locust Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219  Attn:  Chief
Information Officer