[WEB4LIB] Internet marketing for libraries

Beth Mazin bmazin at mhl.org
Sat Sep 7 11:02:48 EDT 2002

At 12:45 PM 9/6/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>We are a town of 30,000.  We have 2,000 opt-in people on our email alert
>list.  We market new services, products, programs, and job openings
>directly to the list members.  I think it is our MOST successful marketing
>technique.  People can sign up for the list on our web page at
>http://www.mhl.org/events/alerts.htm , when they register for a library
>card, or when they sign up for email notification of holds, etc.

Recently, we announced our new eAudio service at
http://www.mhl.org/collections/eaudio/  to the alert list.  Within the
first day we had 50 online reserves, and scads of telephone calls, and
in-person inquiries.  I attribute the "buzz" to the great interest in
audiobooks and technology in our library, and to the effectiveness of the
email alerting service.

Beth

Beth Mazin
Assistant Director