[WEB4LIB] Project management software

Michael McCulley drweb at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 19 13:29:23 EDT 2002

Barbara,

I'm working now with Microsoft's Visio, a diagram/floorplan/timeline charting
tool. The project tab within Visio includes the charts like PERT, etc. I find
it easier to use, and less overkill, than Microsoft Project, personally.

You can use the Wizard to input data for a timeline or chart, and it can help
by creating a MS Excel spreadsheet for input, data, etc.

You can see their Web information, see
http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/
and also do an online demo of the software. It's one alternative you might
wish to consider.

Best,
Michael
*Speaking Only for Himself*