Scholar-led Innnovations in Scholarly Publishing

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sun Sep 8 12:29:06 EDT 2002

               Scholar-led Innovations in Scholarly Publishing
             Professional, Institutional, and Library Initiatives

   For a forthcoming article [Yep, Another Forthcoming Article] [:-) ],
I am interested in identifying established as well as emerging 'Scholar-led'
Innovations in Scholarly Publishing at three major levels -
Professional, Institutional, and Library. By way of explanation, I think it's best to provide specific *examples* of each type which come to mind on this groggy Sunday morning:

                                    PROFESSIONAL
ArXiv.org E-Print Archive     [ http://cul.arxiv.org/ ]
ELSS                                     [ http://www.elsss.org.uk/ ]
EPrints.org                           [ http://www.eprints.org ]
ESPERE                                [ http://www.espere.org/ ]
Project Euclid                       [ http://projecteuclid.org/ ]
Public Library of Science      [ http://www.publiclibraryofscience.org/ ]
PubMedCentral                    [ http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/]
Stoa Consortium                  [ http://www.stoa.org/]

                                      INSTITUTIONAL

eScholarship                        [ http://escholarship.cdlib.org/ ]

                                         LIBRARY

University of California -Davis
[http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/healthsci/webpub.html ]

University of Glasgow         [ http://www.gla.ac.uk/createchange/ ]
University of Michigan         [ http://spo.umdl.umich.edu/  ]

[Some may disagree with my categorizations, but Hey, they're MyCategories [:->]]

   As Always, Any and All contributions, comments, queries, questions, Cosmic Insights, Inspections, Etc. Etc. Etc. are Most Welcome!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Led Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

 "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Establish an Institutional Repository"
                                        With apologies to Alan Kay