[WEB4LIB] IE6/Windows2000Prof/Right Click problem

Jennifer Ward jlward1 at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 3 10:49:52 EDT 2002

We had this problem, too, and upgrading our virus scan software to the
newest release from McAfee (Ver 4.5.1 SP1 at the time) did the trick.

--Jennifer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jennifer Ward
Systems Librarian
University of Washington Libraries
phone: 206.685.3121
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Peter Scott wrote:

:We are just about to hand out 50 new staff machines with this
:configuration:
:
:IE 6.0.2600.0000
:Windows2000 Professional Service Pack 3
:
:We have noticed that there is a delay of up to 5 seconds when clicking the
:right mouse button on an IE page link, to bring up the context menu. This
:doesn't happen when right clicking in the Address line, or in any other
:application.
:
:Any suggestions???
: