Joe Janes on Google

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Mon Sep 23 15:49:42 EDT 2002

An interesting Joe Janes "Internet Librarian" column on Google. An excerpt:

"I would love to see us work with the Google folks. We have many similar
goals, getting people help in finding information they want chief among
them. If we can align with them to achieve those goals in mutually
beneficial ways, it could create a real sea change-not only in librarianship
but on the Web as well."

http://www.ala.org/alonline/netlib/il1002.html

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801

Phone: (217) 333-4895